* It is 6:23am. My son woke up at 4something and warbled in his crib, sounding like a cross between a baby tiger and a musical saw. My daughter woke up in the early Fives with the half-asleep-yelling-cranky-crazy-shit (which always, ALWAYS seems to end with the word: MOMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!) only to have no idea what was wrong when I went in there. The Man is taking the day off work today. AND SO, after a nursing in one room and a back tickle and a sip of water in the other room EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS HOUSE IS ASLEEP.
* I quit watching Grey's Anatomy, what? Three years ago, maybe? It was all too much for me. It was painful to watch the glooooom and the deprezzzzion and the whiiiiiining. So, I was all pffftttt, DONE with Mer and Der and all that and I've never looked back. Then, last night, Twitter went nuts about the season finale and so, this morning I googled and got the spoilers and you know what? NOT SORRY I quit it.
* For real and no shit, I was the subject of a graduate student's research. In the process, she recorded an interview, transcribed it, and blah blahblah, the long and short of it is that she sent me an email that had parts of the interview written out into different 'topics.' Seriously? I am the reason that she will be able to use the word 'Boobs,' and also...ALSO the word 'Shit' in her Master's Thesis. Oh, I hope that she's grateful.
* I'm starving right now (up! since the FOURS!) but The Man and I have plans to take everyone to breakfast before we hit a THEME PARK to which we own SEASON PASSES. That is all I shall say but I never wanted an egg sandwich more than I do RIGHT NOW.
* My dad has gone MOBILE. If you are in the greater Philadelphia area, look out. He got prisms for his glasses and the double vision is resolved with those and so he's been in his car, running short errands.
* In what I'm sure is related news: My dad is totally coming around and I couldn't be happier. He has been staying at The Little Sister's house and right now, they are away. I asked him how it was over there, curious to see if he liked the solitude again after a long time in the bustle of family life or if it would feel a little lonely. He said, 'It's..quiet.' I think he's starting to feel a little more connected to what's happening here. The Little Sister said that if he did go back home right now, he'd probably sink into a major depression...being alone so much after living among real people and all. I think she's right. I think he does, too.
* He's also turning out to be quite the little Mother's Helper. You know, like a 12 year old girl. I'm saying, I wouldn't leave him alone with my children, but he can push the stroller or hold the bottle or run to the store to get me a can of tomatoes. It is honestly a help. Plus, I think he likes it. He said on a walk yesterday, 'Eet seems like wherever I go now, I'm pooshing a stroller with me.'
Which, translated, means he likes it.