* I have been feeling super maudlin for the last couple days. I am feeling overly-sentimental (which for me means, like--at ALL) and I've been thisclose to tears numerous times each day, about such earth-shattering things as having forgotten to run the dishwasher before bed and the fact that my kid looks so fucking cute in pig-tails. Is this a sign of impending labor and delivery? LET US HOPE SO.
* I was so impressed by the tone and the caliber of the conversation about the (inexplicably) hot-button-topic of Meds During Labor, I can't even tell you. I read the comments through again and have to say that I had more than a few incidents of, 'DAMN, I never even THOUGHT of that.' I like when that happens to me and I think that when an issue that tends to get heated starts to attract trolls and assoholic anonymous commenters, the discussion gets muddled and I just get all fired up and learn really NOTHING new.
* I did/do agree that you could substitute a lot of things/issues into that conversation and find that Judging occurs in a widespread fashion and that it's a wired-in part of life, group dynamics and the human psyche. I don't believe that there's a Utopia in which Judgment of Others will be forever forsaken but I do think it's nice to sidestep it once in a while.
* On a related note, I don't believe that judging and/or being judgy about others' behavior/choices is an exclusively Woman on Woman crime. In my own opinion/experience, men judge others and each other just as much (and as harshly) as women do. I just think that they express it/communicate about it differently. Dynamically, they are much less apt to group up the way women do (women's social networks being more community-focused, etc.) and so I think that the criticism and judgment that they wield sounds/looks [less dramatic, maybe] different and/or may be less noticeable. It may also be about issues that are more relevant to them but even in the comments about Medication for LABOR, there were people who talked about the Judgment of Males.
* I think, think, I might be getting a cold. That makes me want to sputter curses that would take up the rest of the WHOLE INTERNET. Because, SERIOUSLY??
* I [finally got] asked The Man to transfer the video from the camera to DVDs and so, I've been [obsessed with] watching The Littlest New Girl when she was Littler and Newer. There have been so many times that I thought, 'WOW! Everyone was RIGHT! This shit goes FAST!' I can't believe how different she is now and how quickly she's changed. I also can't believe how much I FORGOT from when she was little.
* I also laughed because I have not ONE video of my kid screaming her head off, which was, you know, how she spent MOST of her first SEVEN MONTHS. This may sound like Common Fucking Sense, because what kind of nut-job would want to keep that shit for posterity? And, you'd be right, obv. It's just that I'm finding that my MEMORIES of her earliest months don't match the DOCUMENTATION. And that's a little disconcerting.
* I'm writing this at 4:30 in the morning. Because I can't sleep. And? I wake up HUNGRY. WTF?
* I'm now officially OVERDUE.
* Did I mention how cute my kid is in pig-tails?
Pony tails, too.
I hope you have a great weekend!