* Today is The Man's 40th Birthday. We're celebrating with the regular MIL dinner (she's bringing the Chocolate Mousse Cake--HOLLAH!) TLNG told me yesterday, though, that we should, 'Have a party foh him, with PARTY HATS.' I said that we certainly could, that we could have [
left-over and readily available] Sesame Street Party Hats!' To which she replied, 'No. WONDER PETS party hats.' OMFG.
* Twice last week, I walked out of the kitchen and back in to smell gas. I looked at the stove and the middle knob was turned just a little. [
After freaking out and opening all the windows] I asked TLNG if she had been playing with the knobs on the stove and she said yes. [ I] We had a long talk and I told her that it was dangerous and blahblahblaaaaah. Then, the next morning I was making pancakes and I reached over the stove to get something to put on the counter and when I turned around, the knob was in the EXACT position it had been the two other times. It was MY BELLEH. Geeezuz. (I took the knob off, yo.)
* If you're doing the math, you will figure that The Man is almost exactly one year younger than I. Every year, for the two spare weeks in between, I have to hear about how I'm TWO years OLDER than he is. I'm never sad to see that go. [
* Oddly enough, my grandparents had the Same Exact Situation. And my GRANDFATHER used to make the same [
jackassical] joke to my grandmother. Not even the knowledge of this dissuades my husband from his folly.
* I don't have fears about not loving this baby as much as I love TLNG. I had those fears the first time around and so, I feel like I know better. I mean, I knew I would LOVE my daughter, I just was so unaware of the deeeeeep-ass, emotional (and even physical) connection I would feel to her. I know that the connection I have to my son will be different but no less stupendous, so the thought that I might not love him enough doesn't keep me up at night.
* The closer I get to delivering this kid, though, the more I am watching the development of TLNG and thinking, holy SHIT, am I going to miss it all now that I'll have a whole OTHER PERSON to watch? Not that it would be a totally bad thing, to have my prying eyeballs out of every speck of her not-so-gradual unfolding of skillz and what-not, it's just...you know. THAT is the fear that kept me up last night. That and the general vulnerability of children which actually made me WEEP a little at 4am. Ahem.
* Last time, I was weeping about Stamps. And this time? The vulnerability of children. WTF? And I STILL have the post-partum crazy to deal with.
* I am sitting at home, waiting for the baby's furniture to get here. They did not give me a *window,* so I have no idea when they are coming. ::YO! NOT EVEN KIDDING! They just called me and they are ON THE WAY!::
* Thank goodness, because I was afraid that I might not have time to go and get some Wonder Pets hats and balloons for our PARTAY tonight!
Have a great weekend!