Here's what's happening here, in a nutshell:
* I feel not so much pregnant as SUFFERING some interminable plague and/or receiving treatment of an awful kind for an equally awful disease. I hesitate to post much [
these days] about it, lest the gratitude [ trolls] police find me and put me in YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY YOUR OLD-ASS OVARIES ARE EVEN WORKING jail.
* Since I'm lying prone, pretty much wherever I go, (which is really awkward at, say, story-time) The Cute Nephew has taken to asking me (every 3 minutes): 'Tatie, you feel good?' To which I reply, 'No, Nephew, I don't feel good.' To which he replies, 'You're not happy?' To which I reply, 'I'm happy, I just don't feel good.' To which he replies, 'You're happy? You feel good?' To which I reply, 'No, I don't feel good.' To which he replies, 'Tatie? You got a big baby in yer belly?'
* The Littlest New Girl has been talking up a storm and it's super-amazing-incredible to me. This is the time that I was WAITING for, during all those hours bouncing on that damn exercise ball. I loves me a trying-to-figure-out-the-world toddler.
* She also is sharp with a keen little sense of humor. And she is EXTREMELY EASILY FRUSTRATED. I am wondering if this is STAGE or TRAIT specific. Ahem. I can see ahead, folks, to the third grade homework and it's a SCARY, SCARY THING.
* I still feel conflicted about the amount of tv that she is watching. It's not so much GUILT, really, as I'm very limited and so are my choices. But it's hard for me to know that we used to be doing OTHER THINGS during the times that are now filled with [
crazy-ass-muppets] Sesame Street.
* On the upside, I gotta tell you that she counted to eleven yesterday and I just about FELL OVER. I mean, you know. We COUNT and all. But I swear. I DON'T TUTOR HER IN COUNTING. I blame Big Bird.
* There are about 5 or 6 foods that I can eat reliably. Other things rotate in and out..depending. Last night, I dreamed about eating a pizza, though.
* Work has been extremely slow. E X T R E M E L Y. Which is not all bad, considering. But it does seem to make my life smaller, somehow. So does going to bed DIRECTLY after putting your toddler down.
* After two unfortunate incidents with cottage cheese, it has been swapped out for cream cheese. So, half a bagel with cream cheese is breakfast. And often dinner.
* Regardless of how it appears, I really AM grateful that my old-ass ovaries are still working and that conceiving was relatively easy. I just, you know, am questioning my decision-making skills right now.