Ho, hey hey!! It's been a DOOZY of a couple weeks around here. More on that later. But for today: you thought I forgot about FFF, didn't you? Well, YOU'RE NOT THAT LUCKY.
So, HERE YOU GO, YOU'RE WELCOME.
* Tonight is my in-law dinner. The first one with both my MIL and my dad in a few weeks, since there were travels and storms and power outages. Our power just came back on Monday afternoon, there is a SHITLOAD of cleaning/laundering/straightening/caffeinating to be done. And YET, here I sit, thinking only of you.
* I'm making a super easy but very tasty dinner. Fettunccini with Walnuts and Basil. I've written it before I think and [I'll try to find you] here's the link, if you're interested. For dessert, I'm making brownies topped with ganache [because I'm too much of a food whore to eat them plain] for "Sundaes." Meaning, I ganache the brownies and then smother them in ice cream. I KNOW.
*There is an amaaaazing trick to get your brownies cut without crumbling and coming all apart and wrecking the whole pan. I haven't always known this trick and I will fully admit that I was skeptical about it when I heard, so I won't blame you if you don't believe me and have to go bake a pan of brownies to test it out.
Here it is:
A plastic knife, when the brownies are warm. I am totally not shitting you.
* I have been completely OFF THE WAGON when it comes to eating and have been paying the price in a number of ways. I feel...not that well, frankly. And my pants are a little snug. With the holidays coming, I have dread about being surrounded by sugary treats that I seem to be...unable to fully avoid. Even though they kind of make me feel like shit. (It makes me feel a little crazy to read it back in black and white, but there it is.)
* I can't wait to eat those fucking brownies, though, I'll tell you THAT.
* I took both my kids to the dentist after their appointments were canceled because the dentist lost power in the hurricane. It was the boy's first time there. Look at my boy, guys. LOOK.
* My girl did so well, too. Getting the Greatly Anticipated With Much Anxiety X-Ray like a BOSS. I have no idea, folks. None. But I'm not complaining. It was an amazing day, all around. (No cavities! Hooooray!)
*Lest you think she turned into someone else since you've heard about her: this morning she was freaking the hell out because...she can't write an 8 like, and I quote, "A GROWN UP." Sigh